Thursday, July 2, 2009

I told u so....

I'm oncall again last weekend. And it's a busy call. The patient that I told you in the previous entry (who refused dialysis) turn bad. But this time, he turn really bad. His blood pressure really low and now he depending on the medication to maintain his blood pressure. My team was called again to review him.

This time his family member was not so fussy and 'pushy". They "listen" my my explanation as I already told them this is what going to happened is they didn't listen to our advice. I try not to give " I told u so" face and I try not to be judgmental. But even after all the trouble they give to me in the past, I still very sorry for the patient. I think the main reason he refused dialysis is because he don't want to burden his family. But he don't want to tell them. For him it's his decision and if he died, he will died with some proud and dignity. He is not young anymore. Life is never easy and some of us is not as lucky as others.......

No comments: