Saturday, October 11, 2008

CSI:KL (Part 1)

Disclaimer: The main characters and place has been changed for safety purpose, do not continue reading this entry if you are pregnant, having history of heart attack or suffering from urinary incontinent as this can caused undesirable effect. You have been warned!

The whole story took place during recent Ramadhan month. It was a boring Wednesday morning and unusually very quiet morning. No sound of bird chipping and the sun shines lazily on that day. Dr Frapp and me were discussing about our next secret project and we were about to leave my house to meet our new informer. I just moved out my car from my porch before Dr Frapp give me a strange look. And guess what? He almost freak out!... He noticed a strange looking shinning white object which was hidden underneath my car staring at him. He took a few steps closer before he called my name.

"Hey Happ
ydoc, look at this. You won't believe what i just have found. I thinks it a piece of human bone! What do you think?"



(This is what it look like)
Picture courtesy of Dr Frapp (my camera was malfunction at that time he he..)

Let take a step closer...
This is what it look like in close up...




What do you think it is....?

I tried to stay calm and cool as usual. "Dr Frapp it may be not a part of human bone as you thought !"tried to comfort our feeling.

But after using our rusty applied anatomy knowledge, we decided this is 97% belong to human or at least mammal. It look like a part of jaw bone with intact denture cut into half. Unlikely to be from dogs, cats or fish because the canine tooth was not too sharp.

"Perhaps a stray dog dug it from a shallow grave and dumped it here" i tried to rationalized our finding. (knowing all grave should be at least at least 7 feets down below he.. he..)

"Hmm it could easily came from a young adult of between 14 - 17 years of age old... possibly Asian female" Dr Frapp explaining his own theory to me in serious tone.

After serious discussion at my porch yard, finally we came out with 3 so called brilliant options ):

1. If this is a human bone - we need to send it to the police, they may come and turned my car porch to homicide crime scene. Just imagine yellow police tape, chalks, numbered card and police photographer in my yard. What would be my neighbors think of me? This all will ruined my good reputation. I'll be in the news prime time. I definitely need to get new identity after this or new makeover at least.

2. Show it to our forensic colleagues at the hospital for confirmation - if it is homosapien i.e human.. send it to the police.Let them handle it from there.

3. Throw it into the my neighbors compound and it now became their business. Muahaha! <---- this is totally my evil twin's idea. Not me. har.. har...

Time is passing by and we still not decided what we going to do with that small piece of bone.
If you are in our position, what would you do......?to be continued.....


3 comments:

Captain Kangaroo said...

Dannng!!

Your version has more umph! to it. Salut to you comrade!

Hazyr said...

maybe the 'soul' knew that you're a dr and decided to send a piece of him/her in the hope that you can help him/her seek revenge! hehehe..

spooky.

laily said...

err i'm no expert but it doesn't look like a human mandible. the ramus looks too flattened? my best bet it is of a monkey. or beruk ke perhaps?