Wednesday, January 14, 2009

From KL to S*igon (with luv ?)


Nothing is comparable than having a cup of perfect well roasted coffee at Coffee Bean for beginning of your day. (yes i'm a coffee addict he.. he...) It 6.20am Malaysian time at Malaysia's airport while waiting for my flight for another mission and doing instant blooging he..he... But that not what i want to talk about (for now he.. he...)

I was on call yesterday i must admit it was quite a busy one. I only manage to rest for only few hours on spent the whole night treating patient. There is a patient who was admitted electively for coronary angiogram to see any coronary arteris blockade. But he only came to the ward in the middle or the night eventhough he had the whole day to come earlier. Maybe he had good reason though. After examining and explaining the whole procedure to him than suddenly my staff nurse call me for help. I'm quite surprised because as I know the rest of the patient was very stable and i did not anticipate any problem.

I attended my nurse, this patient's wife was found uncounsious for unknown duration. There was a little bit of frothy saliva at her mouth. An instant glucometer showed her sugar level was only 1.4 mmol which is extremely low. The treatment for her would be intravenous glucose as she can take it orally (because she is unconscious and she might be aspirated). I set up intravenous access and giving her concentrated glucose solution through the intravenous access.

As expected, she regain her consciousness immidiately after that. Later on, after she opening her eyes she told me that she was injecting herself with insulin (for her type 1 diabetes) but did not take any meal after that. She was a bit concern about her husband and forgetten to take dinner. So instead treated her husband I also treating her that night. The moral of story do not ignore your own health because you are too busy looking after others but I think her husband was very lucky to have her beside during hard time : )

3 comments:

Rajesh said...

hi it's nice blog
visit my blog
www.rajpoudel.blogspot.com

HappyDoc.com said...

Hi your's is nice to

Anonymous said...

i dont know that u tarvel alot sha_ray..guess u need the time to recuperate and relax..