Saturday, November 8, 2008

O Negative

What is your blood type?
General speaking,
O -ve = universal donor (generous type of person, scarifies her/himself for other need he he)
AB +ve = universal recipient (he/she can received all types of blood but can only donate for those with same group. What does it sound like?... Selfish? he.. he..)
err... well, this is not totally true actually..

I decided to do something good today. It takes very little effort but lots of courage to do it. I heard the in the morning news, that Malaysia blood bank had a shortage of blood. No wonder it is so difficult to get blood for patient in the ward nowadays. It's a considerately quiet day for me at work today. So, after work decided to drive to Pusat Darah Negara at Jalan Tun Razak for blood donation (sound noble huh he.. he..) This going to be my 6th blood donation over 8 years period. I tried to do it more often but time is the constraint factor. My blood group is O negative, so you decide what types of person I am he... he...


This is my hand with needle in-situ. (I tried not to cry when the nurse poking the needle he.. he... hey it's painful OK, try yourself)



1 pack of blood = 450 ml = 1 life saved

If you are a healthy person, be a good citizen and donate your blood today. Lets do a little contribution for those who need.....

No comments: