Saturday, November 15, 2008

Sleepless night....

I did locum (part-time work) at a private clinic yesterday and I've come across these 3 cases:

Case 1

A 19 years old healthy Malay boy who is a cook complaint of insomnia for the past 1 week.



HappyDoc comment:


I need to exclude if this boy had symptoms of depression or taking any stimulant types of drug as this can disturb your normal sleep pattern. The most important question to ask is the lifestyle. If he took a lots of caffeine late night, this can be one of the cause. This boy admit that he work in the shift basis and the symptom worsen when his shift changed. He claimed that if he did not have adequate rest, his work performance on the next day will be affected. He also denied taking sleeping tablet before.

Most of the cases, lifestyle modification alone is adequate. Play some sport in the evening, avoid caffeine after 6pm and do not sleep during day time alone do help fighting your insomnia (Or in other word, practice healthy lifestyle)

HappyDoc action:

I prescribed him just a few tablets sleeping pills with lots of advised (Hurm... I don't know weather he listen to my advised or not) I told him, regular intake of sleeping pill can cause addiction and if he get caught by the police and get his urine tested, he might be face with lots of trouble. I advice him to take only when he really need it.


HappyDoc concern:


Overdose of sleeping tablets can cause death. I don't want this to happened and that why i only gave him 3 tablets only to be used in desperate night. My other concern is he might use it for wrong reason like putting the sleeping pills in the somebody's drinks and do bad thing(figure it out itself, think outside the box he he). My other thought is he might be cheating on me. He is actually a sleeping pills addict he he... Err, maybe all my concern is not true. Probably, I think to much he he...

to be continued......

3 comments:

Hazyr said...

hi...I'm linking you to my blog ya!

thanks in advance :)

HappyDoc.com said...

he he ok

thanks

Anonymous said...

this is not due to depression, but more of being aggression..i rasa he's under drugs influenced. crystal methamphetamine perhaps??heheh..dont be surprised. Ice is a regular designer drugs..its becoming way of life..hehehe