Monday, November 3, 2008

A walk to remember


"Once upon a story in Melaka...."

Dr Frapp and me was attending a weekend seminar recently at Melaka, the historical city. It was a fully sponsored trip and I must thanks AZ for organizing such a great event. Everything went smooth until Dr Frapp and me decided to get back to KL earlier since we already had personnel programme planned earlier. Dr Frapp and me leaving the hotel after had our dinner there.

The first half of journey was considered quiet boring. Then, suddenly a saw very thick mist on the other side of the road. I start to feel uneasy but i did not mention about it to Dr Frapp hoping that it's all my illusion. Few minutes after that. there was funny noise from my car. Shooot... why things must go wrong in the middle of the night and we are 128 km away from KL. I slowed down my car and park it at the roadside. After having quick unprofessional look, i noticed that my timing belt is 1/4 gone. To make thing worse, i cannot start my engine after that. Now we stuck in the middle of nowhere and in the middle of night hu.. hu.... (But I kind of enjoys it actually he he.. A dull predictable life with everything goes smooth is sometimes boring right? he he) But I definitely freak out if I was alone at that time....

This is where the event take place.

Help from PLUS came after we waited 1/2 hour in dark. I managed to start back my engine and we decided to get back on the wheel and drive slowly to KL like 50 km/h... So, 128 km from KL, driving at 50-60 km/h.....Yeah you do the calculation.........Dr Frapp and me were singing together all along the way as we tried to minimize my car energy usage by not turning on the radio (I realized later this action was unnecessary he he) and we quiet enjoy it he he...

We finally reached KL at 1 a.m tired and sweaty. Our total journey is 4 hours instead of 2 hours. That night trip would be the longest journey ever from Melaka to KL but it going to be the unforgettable one. Today, I learned a new lesson, "It is not how fast you can get to your destination matter but how and whom you share your journey with is more important........."

No comments: